Wedding calligraphy is a an art and no two envelopes are identical. Staci has been perfecting her penmanship since 2014 and works in an array of lettering styles from formal and traditional, to fun and brushy. Her background in art and drawing also opens the possibility of incorporating illustration and watercolor into your envelope design. Calligraphy invitations start at $2.50 per envelope.
There is a margin for error when it comes to calligraphy envelopes. Please plan to include at least 15% extra envelopes–So if you are ordering 100 envelopes, please provide 115 envelopes for the proofing process as well as for any mistakes that may happen during the handmade process.
Envelopes orders are scheduled based on availability and your send by date. They take about 2 weeks to complete from start to finish. During this time:
- Layout is designed and proofed
- Written by Staci in the style of your choice
- Professionally proofread for mistakes before leaving my studio
Assembling invitations and mailing can also be included in your order for an additional 1.50 per invitation. This excludes postage.
Guest List Tips
There are a few things you can do to make your guest list easier to work with.
- Create your list in Excel, or export it from The Knot/WeddingWire to a spreadsheet.
Have columns for: name, street, apartment, city, state, and zip code.
- Be sure that each column shows the name and address exactly as you'd like them to appear on the envelopes. ex. Mr. and Mrs. John Smith.
- Always spell out states
- Proofread your list carefully! Someone always moves while you're trying to get your invites out–that's ok and we can fix that... just make sure all of the cities line up with their zip codes and the street address and apartment number are correct.
Coming soon! Listed styles will become available on the website in October 2018. In the meantime, please inquire for calligraphy styles, or check out the PORTFOLIO page for inspiration.